Sunday, June 17, 2012

The Narrows

This last weekend I went to St. George to go to the reception for one of the girls I home taught last year.  She became a great friend, so Boman and I decided to travel four hours for it.  We ended up going to one of the most beautiful houses I have ever seen.  The landscaping outside was immaculate, with an amazing pool.  The water ran right over the edges and into a little gully that collected the water and pumped it right back into the pool.  It also had an enclosed hot tub attached that looked like a cave. 
After the reception we went over to a friends house to swim and sit in the hot tub.  It was a very relaxing and fun day.
Yesterday we woke up early and headed over to Zion National Park where we hiked The Narrows.  It was the best hike I have ever been on.  If you have ever been, I am sure you understand why.  If not, I'll explain.  This hike is relatively short (11 AM - 4 PM) and most of it is hiking through a river!  You switch back and forth from one side of the river to the other.  Some parts were even so deep I had to do a little swimming to continue forward.  It was beautiful as well!  Everything was so green and the canyon rocks were so colorful.  I just wished I would have known that it involved water so I could have used different shoes, but it was amazing!  I recommend this hike to anyone going to Zion National Park!

No comments: